Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm really ready for Thanksgiving Break

Lauren: 3 days!

Mom: 4 days!

I just can't wait. So this weekend, I'm going to try this thing called SABBATH. I know right, the weekend before break, deadline weekend, the first weekend I'm (hopefully) healthy.

Well, for my senior-level religion class our professor challenged us to do this practice. She said it would be easy to say we did it and not, but I'm going to try my best (I won't be blogging that day). Or Editing. Or Writing. Or Designing (have I mentioned I love doing layout? Because I do). I won't be checking facebook. I won't be reading OR responding to emails.

I interrupt this post to say, Hello: My name is Katie and I am a journalist-aholic.

Some of my friends asked the professor what to actually do while Sabbath-ing. Some asked if doing arts-n-crafts were considered working. Because they love doing that--but it's still "working." She said no. However, as must as I love newspaper that is still considered "working."

So if you want to talk to me, make it soon. Saturday at sundown my phone will be powered off and I will Sabbath until Sunday at sundown.

What will I be doing you ask: eat off of paper dished = no dishes, sleep, read the Bible, pray, go to church, fellowship (aka hang out) with friends. Pray for my roommate Caitlin who graduates in December (she has to pick between TWO jobs. One in Nashville and one in her hometown). Sleep some more. Yoga perhaps.

Wish me luck. Better yet, pray for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment