College was my Plan A—what a wonderful plan it was… ~Me
This past Thursday I was truly in the right place at the right time. One of my classes was canceled for the day so I decided to visit one of the new buildings on campus. There was a group of people gathered around in one corner of the lobby. I asked them what they were doing. I was informed that they were giving away two free tickets to the first eight people for this Saturday’s Vanderbilt Football Game. I was number six. All this to say, I won free tickets to Vandy’s Game!!! I invited my friend Amanda (we were both so excited), and we went to the game last night. It was a lot of fun. We went out for pizza before and frozen yogurt after. I also got to utilize my amazing parallel parking ability (free parking on the streets, only for people with skill).
My weeks are really FLYING by. As each week comes to an end, my roommate and I ask each other where it went; we don’t have any answers. As I was reminded this afternoon, September is indeed coming to an end, with three exams and one paper before it's over. My calendar is very colorful and has recently added a new color.
The newest addition is green, the color of work. Yes, that is right, I am employed! I just finished my first week at Maggie Moo’s Ice Cream and Treatery. It is so much fun! I work with wonderful people; some are still in high school, others from neighboring universities, and some taking some time off from school. Everyone is very different, yet we all get along great. I average about 10 to 15 hours per week. I really do enjoy my new job. After all, who wouldn’t enjoy working at an ice cream place?
Well, sounds like you are doing well. I really missed you as we stopped in Nashville. The girls were a lot of fun and we all enjoyed Sea World. Eva and I are naughty. We are still working on the Blackberry house (once in a while)I have three new accounts in Rocky River!!!Plan A - Lunch with my daughter! Miss you and love you!
ReplyDeleteOh I have to post again, I read The Shack-Loved it and I read Twilight. Loved it. Elyse wanted me to read the next book but no time at home.
ReplyDeleteSo wonderful to see a new post! I am glad Plan A is working out so well; I knew that it would. Sounds like all is going well for you. The semester flying by is a good thing:) Christmas gets closer with each passing day.
ReplyDeleteGramma Pat is right, she is naughty! She decided to laugh and join in with all of Eva's potty humor. I have been trying to break her of the habit. Gr.Pat was NO help! I will post again after the move... too busy right now. Move on Tuesday!!!!!