Thursday, April 8, 2010

cockroach

Yuck. There was one of those in my dorm this morning.

5:45 A.M. Mary Cathrine (my roommate) wakes me because of a gigantic cockroach on our wall. Apparently it came out behind our mirror. She wakes up supper early on Thursday because she has clinical at the hospital.

5:50 A.M. Mary Cathrine and I scream bloody murder as the roach crawls across our room (we're girls).

5:53 A.M. Mary Cathrine kills the roach with her shoe.

5:54 A.M. Our suite-mates (Kayley and Amanda) come over for a nice morning visit. A.K.A. We woke them up.

5:55 A.M. Amanda tells us to wash the shoe because cockroaches carry their babies on their backs. (done)

5:57 A.M. I put the dead roach in a zip lock plastic baggie, with a 'Caf' fork. Then through away the fork. Then Lysol everything.

6:00 A.M. My roommate leaves me.

6:01 - 6:20 Turn lights off. Turn Christmas lights on. Think about sleep. Think about cockroaches. Tweet my problems. Turn on news. Debate doing homework or sleeping or news watching or blogging. Blog for sympathy.

6:23 Publish Post.

4 comments:

  1. You have my sympathy! After years of Houston I still could not crush them. I either put a cup over them until Todd came home or vacuumed them up. Ugh! Not problem with roaches in Austin:) Although I did kill my first scorpion yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember one time in houston you put jakes food dish over top of a roach until unkle runkle got home

    ReplyDelete