Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"Life should not be measured by the breaths we take, but by the breaths that are taken away."

BREAKING NEWS!!!!
Click to enlarge


My story made the FRONT PAGE of the TrevEchoes, our student newspaper! How exciting is that?!??!

So, I heard rumors from my editors (OK, that just sounds so cool) that my article was one they were considering for the front page (woooo hoooooo). And it made the cut!
My first class this morning was at noon because my nine o'clock got canceled for the morning (yes!). I set my alarm early anyways to get the newspaper (not lame). =) I was supper excited. I've had previous stories published online but never in PRINT, and never on the front page!
Also, the article is somewhat (a lot, actually) controversial. My professor did not think administration would publish it. Currently, it is not being published online (sad day), out of fear of the Concerned Nazarenes. The journalist in me, wants to argue this point because it is ridiculous that our school is afraid of upsetting this group. But then I also realize that administration has better ways to spend their time arguing with a group of people that have already made up their mind.
Anyways, I'm like a real journalist now, writing for the people and all. I've already took like a dozen copies of the paper and will send lots home with Grandma Pat and Pa when they come down to disperse and I will get a couple shipped out to Austin, TX (aka best place on planet earth).
disclaimer: I did not prof read this. Finals are next week and I just don't have time, sorry.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for Kay!!! I am so happy for you!!! (also, i love your disclaimer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. did you find anything, I'm sure you did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending some to the best place on earth! :)

    ReplyDelete