After many hours of thinking about packing with nothing accomplished I finally buckled down to get some work done. I have some words of wisdom I think you’ll enjoy.
Challenge #1: What should I pack?
As I was looking through my gigantic collection of sweatshirts trying to narrow down the ones I wanted to pack (very challenging). I came across a cream colored one that says TREVECCA across the front in bold purple letters (very cute).
I tell my mom, “I will leave this one home.”
She was surprised.
I continue to say, “I don't want it at school because I have to wash it too much.”
Then she says, “Don't you mean because it gets dirty.”
Oh, my silly mom. Light colored hoodies are never really dirty after the first wearing—or second—they just appear dirty. This is extremely unacceptable for a college student, or anyone doing his or her own laundry for that matter. Now don’t worry, I do not pack light I have about eight packed for school and probably six still in my closet.
Lesson #1: Light colored sweatshirts are very cute and fashionable; however, they are not ideal for vacations or people who don’t do laundry on a weekly basic. I learned this the hard way last year. I always managed to get something on my cream colored sweatshirt.
Challenge #2: Where should I pack my clothing for the best use of space management?
Having to fit everything I need for a year in my car takes some planning. Let alone the fact that I left a large majority of my things in storage from last year. I needed my mom’s advice.
So I asked her, “Do you think it matters if I pack my socks, panties and bras in the same suitcase?”
She must have been getting annoyed. As she replied in a sassy tone, “Are you going to put them away once you get to school?”
Sadden by her response; I decided sarcasm was in need, “No, I am going to live out of my suit case this year.”
Bluntly she said, “Then it matters.”
I decided to pack all my socks in a small corner of my suitcase with all my hoodies and pants.
Lesson #2: It only matters to have your socks, panties and bras in the same suitcase if you plan on living out of it. Also, when advice is not your thing, sarcasm always works.
Challenge #3: The suitcase will not close.
Do to the large amount of clothing I need to fit into a small suitcase it’s hard to zip the zipper. I have had this challenge before—every time I go anywhere. I had this revelation as my mom offered to sit on the top of it.
“One can’t go around worrying if one day her suitcase zipper is going to break. You just can’t. Fit everything you can. You can always just get a new suitcase. It’s worth the saved space.”
Lucky for me, all of my suitcases zipped. I think there is special technology for suitcase zippers.
Lesson #3: If the zipper breaks, just go shopping.
I have almost everything packed sitting in either the hallway or my room. I plan to move everything to my car tomorrow. This way I can enjoy Tuesday and Wednesday before I leave.
Oh good Katie I'll see you tuesday.
ReplyDeleteI very much enjoyed your lessons.
ReplyDeleteChallenge #4 In need of packing advice.
Lesson #4 Call your Aunt Kelly, she has A LOT of moving/packing experience!!!! Your mom is an amateur:)