Monday, August 24, 2009

"How strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto?" -Alice Cullen

So… I've been in the blogging mood lately. I might as post something now. It's the middle of the night and I've been woken up by a car alarm.

Beep. Beep. Beep. After sleeping soundly for hours, why am I being woke up by a… car alarm? I sleep with my windows open so I'm accustom to the passing car with the radio so loud I swear I hear it for thirty seconds, or the occasional speed demon breaking and accelerating at the stop sign. Normally I just get annoyed when I can’t fall asleep, rarely does anything wake me.

“Why is this person parked outside not turning off his alarm already?” I ask myself. I get up to take a look. The frustrating sound is coming from my driveway. Oh my. I can not see anyone. This is just great. I decide I should go upstairs to wake my mom; it’s not turning off for at least a good minute. “Why is it even sounding?” I wonder.

As I get upstairs I see she is not there. By the time I manage my way back down I hear that it has stopped. Relived I can go back to sleep, I look outside to find Lauren’s car is missing. I look inside Lauren’s room and the office to find that Lauren is missing too. I walk down stairs to see her sleeping peacefully on the sofa. I return to my room and call my mom’s cell phone.

She answers the phone; I ask her, “Where are you going?”
“Sorry, the alarm woke you up. Lauren’s car was blocking me in. I used her spare key, apparently it was a valet key,” she replied.
“Oh, where are you headed?” I ask again.
“Yeah, I had a major sweet tooth. I was lying in my bed thinking about missing you girls; I could not sleep. Then I decided to get a candy bar,” she told me.

My poor mom is wide awake in the middle of the night missing her girls, and we are still here. Well she got her chocolate fix and is off to try and sleep again. Hopefully I am able to get back to sleep. I love you, mom. Even though you did not bring me anything. And I am going to miss you when I'm gone. I love you so much!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my... that was some sweet tooth! Kathryn... I need to teach you to keep a secret stash:) When my girls move on I will need a candy store! Miss you all! ~tk
    LOVE all the blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secret stashes don't really last long in this house. LOL. I am an expert at finding her hiding spots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... so you are the reason your poor mom had to go out in search of artificial love in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, a glass of ice cold water would have done just fine. Katie bring you mom with you on tuesday. What are your plans. I do not hear any sounds like that here. But I still get up in the middle of the night and wander around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yes,Katie - if you have talked to Lolo lately Grand Theft Auto has a whole new meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy a glass of water. But, it never compares to candy. My mom can not join us tomorrow. She has to work; 1-5. But I will let her know you invited her. I will send you an email with my plan for the day. I have not talked to Lo about grand theft auto - but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Water vs. Chocolate? What planet were you born on Mom?
    Grand theft auto is only a good idea if you are a vampire:)

    ReplyDelete