I really do LOVE the summer.
o Driving around with the radio loud—windows down
o Leaving the house with wet hair—and it curling perfectly
o Mom hiding the cookies—so I don’t eat them ALL
o Reading more books then I have all year—or all my lifetime
o COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS TILL SCHOOL STARTS—yep it’s true =]
I am sitting in the backyard, the sun is shining down on me, the dogs are playing with each other, and I’m jamming to my favorite iTunes playlist. I am thoroughly enjoying myself in this moment. I met my mom for a late lunch this afternoon. It was nice; I like spending time with just the two of us.
Last week I had the delight of meeting some of my friends, from Trevecca, in Union Mills, Indiana. Kylie’s Aunts live there and they invited us to stay for a week. Her Aunts were wonderful, and they even have horses; so, I naturally LOVE, LOVE, LOVED that. We all got to ride. It was all so much fun. I’m not sure if I can put it into words, but when I ride life seams so carefree. All the stress from my world disappears. (Even when I am trying to explain the importance of not screaming to new riders.) Riding horses is my drug of choice—it’s a great one. When the sun is casting down on me, and wind is blowing through my hair, this equals pure happiness. We spent a day on Lake Michigan. The water was calm and clear. We played a ton of cards. My competitiveness shined through, and along with my partner, I was the CHAMPION of Spades!!! I tried fish for the first time, and kinda sorta liked it; my mom said I was peer pressured into trying it. Also, we took a train into Chicago. It was my first train ride and my first time in Chicago. It was a fantastic vacation!
I LOVE THE CITY LIFE. Chicago was the first northern city I could see myself living in. As odd as it sounds, I also know I want to live in a city in the central time zone. I just feel at home in that time zone. Oh, how I miss Nashville. Hahaha. For anyone keeping track, so far, my top three cities to live in are: Austin, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; or Nashville, Tennessee. (Alphabetical order—Sorry Aunt Kelly) My realization of truly loving the central time zone ruled out, Charleston, South Carolina. This makes me some what sad. Also Lexington, Kentucky and Cleveland, Ohio would be in this group.
Well, now I think I should start Breaking Down. =]
Glad to hear you are starting Breaking Dawn. El just finished it.
ReplyDeleteI definitely think the central time zone is a wonderful idea! Austin has your name written all over it. City life, horses galore, sun shining all year long, Lake Travis, Aunt Kelly makes cookies all the time! It's not just a vacation... it's living life like a vacation! See you in three years:)
Hi KATIE,
ReplyDeleteI THINK YOUR CHOICE WILL BE A GOOD ONE
WHATEVER YOU DECIDE WE WILL COME AND SEE YOU
WHEREVER YOU GO. LOLO WANTS YOU NEAR HER BUT
SHE THINKS SHE WANTS TO BE NEAR ASHTABULA SUCH
AS MENTOR OR PYMATUMING. I WANT AUSTIN OR NASHVILLE BUT NEVER CHICAGO. VISIT THERE BUT
I DON'T THINK I'D WANT TO LIVE THERE.
LOVE YOU PS HOPE I GET TO AUSTIN IN THREE YEARS.
I have a feeling if my live was a democracy I would be living in Austin, TX. However, my life is a dictatorship, and I am the dictator. I will live wherever I please. However, Aunt Kelly, you do propose an excellent argument for Austin. Nice work. Grandma Pat thanks for having faith in my choosing (kinda), and for coming to see me wherever I shall go. Silly Lauren, she will learn, hopefully within three years. Ha-Ha. Really, Pymatuning?!?! I’ve never heard her say that one. I could always marry a vampire. Then I would be extremely rich, and I could have many homes in multiple cities—yes, I like that!
ReplyDeleteAwww, it is so cute that you think you get to dictate your life:) LOL
ReplyDeleteDon't worry Lolo will be in Austin with us. If you do manage to marry a vampire you will be able to visit often. So, it is decided then: You will graduate and move to Austin, or marry a vampire and visit often! Glad we got that resolved!