This morning I participated in the largest 5K RUN/WALK series in the world! It felt great! The Susan G. Koman—Race for the Cure—Nashville was held at 9:00 AM. Together over 12,000 runners and walkers joined in the fight against breast cancer! Together 1,342,345 dollars were donated! Thanks to everyone who helped me! We reached my goal of 200 dollars! Thank YOU so much for your donation. I really do appreciate it!
It was so much fun! Mary Cat, my roommate, and I headed over to the YMCA in Brentwood for the race. It was absolutely amazing seeing all the people who wanted to help make this world a world without breast cancer. I can’t really explain it—it was just so cool running up a hill and seeing tons of people ahead of you and the same amount behind you. I would recommend everyone to partake in a race, it does not matter if you run or walk. So much fun, I can’t say it enough.
I finished the race in just under 40 minutes. A 5K is 3.1 miles! The last mile was both the best and worst. There were tons of cheerleaders cheering us to the finish, yet I was getting very tired. It was amazing to cross the finish line. It was a chillier morning here in Nashville, but the rain stayed away. Thank goodness!
My number was 923... It felt really weird to safety pin it to the front of my shirt! The horse show girl in me wanted it on my back. But that would look as weird as a girl entering the showmanship ring with her number on her stomach.
It was really neat to see families run together. My favorite was a dad with two daughters. Obviously, they were an athletic bunch, but the youngest girl set their pace. You would also see husbands almost get to the finish line just to turn around, or run in place to wait for his wife, or the other way around. Survivors wore pink shirts so it was really great to see them! I am just so glad I was able to participate is this great event. I will diffidently run in more this spring and next fall—summer too. I’m not a fan of running when it’s cold. I started the race with a zip-up on, but around the one-mile mark it got tied around my waist. I going to say it one last time, SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!
Great job kiddo! So proud of you!
ReplyDelete