Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Scabies

"scabies |ˈskābēz|
noun
a contagious skin disease marked by itching and small raised red spots, caused by the itch mite.
ORIGIN late Middle English (denoting various skin diseases): from Latin, from scabere ‘to scratch.’ The current sense dates from the early 19th cent."

IN OTHER WORDS:

YUCK! 


Trevecca's Student Leadership went on a Leadership Retreat a week before classes started and came back with... SCABIES.  It was keep on the Down Low.  I mainly knew about it because I lived here this summer.  So I washed my sheets, Lysol-ed everything and bathed with Neem soap (I still use the soap). 

I had itches all over me.  But they were pretend.  No rashes to follow.

I wanted to write a story for the newspaper about SGA (Student Government Association) giving everyone scabies and calling it SGAbies.  But, our editor, in fact, had scabies and did not want everyone to know.

I even remember telling my mom not to come here because I would give her scabies.

BUT I DON'T HAVE SCABIES!!! Praise the Lord!

Mom, I can't wait for you to be here... TOMORROW!!!!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. What reporter worth her salt has a story and doesn't get it out there?

    This is news and should be in print! What are they teaching you there?

    Sound like you better transfer to UT for some serious training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! Oh, you should have heard me after I left the staff meeting. I was complaining to Mary Catherine. But then after a nights sleep, I understood where they were coming from, sort of. By the time the Newspaper hit the scabies scare should be over. The people who had scabies were treated and not contagious by the time students returned. Administration simple didn't want to make a big deal out of something that was under control. Deans told SGA to keep it hush, hush. Thus, we could not run the article in a campus approved paper. I still feel that someone should have told students to wash their bedding and buy neem soap, though. Oh well... It could have been a great article that people would have read.... My only hope now is that everyone but me gets scabies and then I have a major article on my hands :) But, I don't want campus to get scabies. That would just be itchy. LOL

    People must think I don't like Trevecca with my yoga story and now scabies. I'm shining a bad light on my school. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Health issues should NOT be kept hush hush!

    ReplyDelete