Issue three
For this past issue of TrevEchoes I had so much fun with my articles! The front-pager on Whitney Casey was SO. MUCH. FUN! She is in South Korea right now, so I got to Skype (Video Chat) with her for over an hour. Then a hand full of follow-up emails. :) I also go to email with her little brother, who is studying in China. Everyone was so excited about it. Whitney told me that her Korean parents were super excited for their daughter to be in the news! She told me this in an email, "holler if i can do anything else to help you. oh and you should know that this weekend, a couple of cousins asked me about the newspaper we were going to be in. HAHA. apparently my family is making a big deal about it. no pressure! :) (but really, no pressure...they can't understand english! hahahaha)" I thought that was funny. Needless to say I'm mailing copies over there!


This was an interesting story. As most of you know, I'm not the greenest, best recycle-er in the world. So you'll really appreciate this little antidote I'm going to share. Dr. Farell, one of my sources, told me that he is thankful for journalist like me--shining a light on the importance of recycling. He even went on to tell me it was a calling, implying a calling from God. Well, I do believe God called me to be a journalist and report the truth, the best I can... I'm not sure where recycling falls into this. What's makes this even better is, I was complaining to my editor a few moments before about how I thought my story was lame and was trying to get out of it. :)


Eric Volz spoke today, this was the preview in the newspaper. Our paper came out last Wednesday. Sorry for the delay. I'm guessing most of you thought, with the new pictures of homecoming, that I was a little late on the postings. Anyways, Eric Volz is a journalist so it was kind of nerve-racking to call him for an interview. He was very nice, though.
I'm also working for the Social Justice magazine on campus and I have like three stories all coming together. It's an online magazine. You should check it out! Click the link above or, http://micahmandate.com there's the url!!!
xoxo
Yay Katie! And I love your blog pic:)
ReplyDeleteGreat job lad!
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog look:) Especially the picture!
Miss you soooo much!
I loved you to and your great writing skills
ReplyDeleteI can not get the stories to enlarge... why???? help me... please...
ReplyDeleteI can just click on them and then click again and they get really large. ... but the first one was not working. not sure why. I'll look into it.
ReplyDeleteWhat ones can't you read?
ReplyDeleteOK.. I think it works now.
ReplyDeleteWonderful Katie!
ReplyDeleteCasey story made me cry my happy tears!
I hope you have internalized the importance of recycling:)
Sounds like an interesting speaker... what a nightmare!
Keep up the good work:)
Wow your stories are great.
ReplyDelete