Thursday, October 21, 2010

My night turned around...

... I thought I owed y'all another blog! I'm OK.  Promise. :)

I was very frustrated today.  And just kind of emotional.  The day started off great and I even had a good hair day.  And I working on newspaper stuff!  Both my classes got our early, too, and I didn't have to work today.  All criteria for an awesome day. But see previous post.....

There was this concert scheduled at my school tonight and I could attend for free.  I was planning for it to be an awesome study break, but then as the night rolled around I decided I would just work on homework.  The newspaper deadline is Tuesday at noon, so I have plenty to keep me busy.  I was ready for today to be over.  But then my good friend Julie texted  me to see where I was.  So I walked up the hill.  Cadillac Sky was awesome!  They are a Folk Rock band from Nashville.  And they played in OUR quad. 

It was so fun and surprisingly relaxing.  I sat on a blanket with Julie, Kayla and Kylie - my friends from freshman year - and it just felt right! 

I still don't look forward to breakfast, lunch or dinner.  But I am happy again. 

I am thankful for friends.  I am thankful to go grocery shopping on Saturday afternoon.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad they made your day better! Tell them I said thanks for making my sister happy:) I love you! And maybe your blog readers will send you some good snacks to make you happy (I WANT SOME TOO!) Hahaha. I love you Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always take the time to smell the roses sweetheart! The work will always manage to get done. So glad your peeps called you out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aunt kelly just said "your peeps" hahaa. theres something to give you a smile lol.
    I love you both infinity!

    ReplyDelete